West Coast meeting of the SATS, June 2016, Thomas Aquinas College
"The Importance of the Philosophy of Nature"
The following is the list of those who will be presenting, and their tentative titles:
- Michel Accad, University of California, San Francisco Hylomorphic Elements and the Cell Theory: A Basis for Biological Law;
- Benjamin Block, The Catholic University of America The Sciences in Descartes and Aquinas;
- Carol Day, Thomas Aquinas College Some Difficulties about Space and Time in Contemporary Cosmology;
- Rev. Michael J. Dodds, O.P., Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology Perforating the Peripheries of Science: A Place for the Philosophy of Nature;
- John Nieto, Thomas Aquinas College On the Reality of Time and the Sensible Qualities;
- Rev. Andrew Younan, John Paul the Great University If a Photon Falls in the Woods: An Aristotelian Answer to a Quantum Question.
The talks will be given in the morning and afternoon of Thursday and Friday, June 18 and 19. Thursday night there will be a dinner in honor of the speakers. All are invited to attend. A registration fee of $30 that includes the dinner ($10 if you wish to attend only the talks) should be paid at the beginning of the meeting on Thursday, but please RSVP if you wish to attend the dinner no later than June 1, as seating is limited. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to e-mail John Goyette, West Coast Representative Society for Aristotelian-Thomistic Studie.